Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Selling Note

I was in the city yesterday. Normal routine of caring for my folks. However I got there early and other then cleaning up and groceries there wasn't much to do. My folks were eager to get out after lunch so I took my leave and actually completed that long list of things to do that has been hovering over me for over a month.

One thing I had been wanting to do was replace a string on daughters violin and get both of ours tuned properly.

The fellow I use to go to ,loved music and people. He would replace the string and tell you if you could play him a tune it was half price. Gimmick I know, but he never charged more then the price of the string. Then in return he would play you a tune. It was a jolly trip each time. But he sold out and retired, leaving us with other choices.

I decided to go with the oldest music store in the city yesterday. Not only was the string twice the price, but I was told to put a new tuning foot on my violin ( which is about 75 years old), to the 'tune' of $18 +tax. Then I watched him tune it ( with much complaining because it is an old violin) with a electronic tuner. I have to admit this electronic tuner would save me time and trips in to get my old baby tuned, if I bought one at $20.+tax.He showed me how it worked. Of course I loved it but................

I payed for the $6.00 string and tuning. Will tune my own to my daughters ( I know cheap huh!), and forfid the new gadgets for now.

I'm not sure this is a normal routine of this particular store, to show all the bells and whistles, to make you believe you need these things or a "Christmas you need wish list", after all it is the season!

I'll stick to what I know. Thank-you very much. I'm a cheap scape!

2 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sounds like you are getting much done. Salesmen do try to sell a lot.

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear really easy with your
presentation but I to find this matter to be really
something which I think I might never understand. It kind of feels
too complicated and very wide for me. I am looking ahead in your
next submit, I will attempt to get the dangle of it!


My webpage: truck insurance quotes online