Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Setting Up Shop

I have spoken of doing the farmers market with farm goods and my crafts, mostly smocked bonnets and other cute items. I had some time alone the other night and made these cute, Victorian looking tags for the items.

Last night as I was sewing hair on a doll and it came to me that I had put the wrong web page address on all the cards. 
ALL the cards. 
So this morning I have been correcting the mistake, printing off new ones and attching to each item. 
What a waste of my time!

On Thursday I hope to get all the items on my web shop before I decided to sell at any market.

Last night I finished this fellow. 
I call him Joshua because he was made with my little friend (7 years old) Joshua with his curly red hair.
I think he is adorable. Just like the real Joshua. I thought the whole time I was making him he was speaking to me, keeping me company.

In other note worthy or NOT news it is my 51st birth date today.
It is raining out and I see the bugs buzzing about. I truly hope I can acheive getting my kale in the ground today. If that gets done it will be a fantastic day.

9 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday ! Enjoy your day.
Your tags are pretty and the dolls you're making are adorable.

Jane and Chris said...

Happy birthday! I can vouch that your smocked baby bonnets are superb! I hope you do well at the Farmer's Market.
Jane x

Margo said...

happy birthday, Marlyn! I love the photo of the 2 of you.

I look forward to seeing more of your shop.

GrannyAnnie said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! May it be filled with infinite BLESSINGS!!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a super day.

Gill

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to another May Baby!! It's Karen's birthday next weekend.

I bet your beautiful things will sell well. You are in a better location. Is the market where you are or the one in the city?

Many birthday blessings.

GrannyAnnie said...

He is so cute! You do such a beautiful job on your dolls. That was a bummer on the tags... stuff like that is always so frustrating. They are really nice tags, though. Do you let them go with the items, or do yoo take them off and reuse them?

I can't wait to see your web-store. I have been working on getting ours up and going, too. It's a lot more work than one would think, isn't it. I had planned to have our stuff loaded into ours two weeks ago, but not quite there, yet. Good luck getting yours done Thursday!

Karen said...

Belated Happy Birthday Marlyn!
Lovely photo of you two. You hold your age well Girlie!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
Does running a well-established blog such as yours take a large amount of work?
I am brand new to running a blog but I do write in my diary everyday.
I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

Also visit my webpage car insurance quotes compare rates