Friday, April 20, 2012

Waldorf Doll : Suzy

Finished my second doll last night.
Named after Brown Eyed Susan.

I am really enjoying making these babes. However I need to figure out how much time it takes to make one, before I can put a cost on them. Their hair takes the longest amount of time!
Yesterday I stacked all this firewood along the house wall. Then I moved just as much split wood and threw it on the porch to dry. I shall stack them in another week. We have about 2 full cords of firewood cut and split, and in the process of stacking for next winters burn. The objective is to get it all cut and split for April 30th. That will be a record, 6 cords of wood.

We had a light rain throughout the night. It was wet on the ground this morning but not under the trees. Calling for 100% chance of rain tomorrow. Looking forward to that. The sprinkle last night made the leaves on the trees pop out this morning.

I am cooking and housecleaning today. Have 10 for sit down dinner tomorrow night and 9 Sunday night. Our whole family will be home together, first time since last spring.


5 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm so glad you reminded me to split wood this year early. We did not have enough this past winter. Enjoy your meal.

Janet said...

Your knitted doll is adorable ! Good luck with your meal preparations. Nice to have the family all together !

Paula said...

Things are damp here, not really wet either. In fact Ella is out biking. You should do a tutorial on how you do the hair. I'd like to do more dollies but the hair drives me crazy.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your blog. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd
really like to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please send me an email if interested. Kudos!

Feel free to visit my webpage ... best car insurance

Anonymous said...

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. Many thanks

My homepage commercial auto insurance companies ()