Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1 and Snow

This picture was taken early this morning and it snowed right until around the noon hour, when it changed t ice pellets, freezing rain and then rain. There was about 2am on the ground at noon, but now at 5pm has melted. Tomorrow is to be nice!

We were commenting at worship this morning on how many of ladies wore black. It was such a derpessing morning when one looked outside or did barn work in the morning, we looked in our closets and thought " Oh I'll wear winter stuff just this once more!" hense all the black.

This is our Sunday night to have all the young people over for 'singing'. I have been baking this afternoon and daughters cleaning up. A light supper and then the young ones will arrive. I have planned little for tomorrow as it is always the middle of the night before they leave.

As I bake I am writing  a letter to a dear friend I shall be seeing in a few weeks. She is my "Kindered Spirit" and we still send 'snail mail' ( letters) to each other. I am also working on these socks for son-in-law.

Other then that I am beginning to wash and pack winter clothes away, and bringing summer clothes out.

3 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

I think the snow was God's April Fools Day joke!
Jane x

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Good friends are so nice to have. Love the socks.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?

My blog goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel
we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be
interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Excellent blog by the way!

Here is my blog post - business insurance estimate