Thursday, July 19, 2012

Painting Done

I began painting the green in this room at 8:30am and finished by 4pm. I had to stop a few times during the day to allow a wall to dry, then re-paint, then move furniture around to do another wall. Some of the furniture is so heavy!
My arms began to feel very heavy as well. Then at 4pm I scrubbed the floor and removed all the paint utensils. Moved the bed over and dressed the bed with the new quilt I bought. More on that tomorrow.

My 20 year old who is moving back home did not want this bed. It is a 3/4 size antique iron cast ( heavy) bed with brass ( the sound is a pong when hit, not a ping like new brass beds), and twin size in height. Daughter is 5'11" tall and hates her feet going through the bottom of the bed! Dearest totally understood daughter plight and agreed with her having the double bedroom ( my old sewing room). Dearest was going to put this bed down in the basement and have this room all for my sewing. But I couldn't part with it. This bed, is this room. I love it. This is the bed my granddaughters nap or sleep on. I shall have them for few hours tomorrow. The eldest will be so excited. She was with me when I purchased the paint. She told the hardware store man it was for her room.

Opposite the bed is the 16 year olds' wardrobe, which is heavy and huge and does not fit anywhere else upstairs, but of course my sewing room!!

I removed the leaves off my sewing table and have painted the sides white. I shall still paint the top tomorrow.

Anyway it is nice and bright and Dearest when he came home said he loved it.

I'm glad, because so do I. More pictures to follow when I have cleaned up.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color on the walls...it looks lovely :)
m.

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous. I can understand you couldn't part with the bed.
I love the colour !!
Have a wonderful day.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh that is beautiful I would love to have a nice room like this. Your hard work is showing. B

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That is beautiful! Painting is just a job to do too. It looks fabulous.

Paula said...

I wasn't sure of the colour when I saw it in the closet. But now that it's on the walls it looks lovely! New paint just brightens everything. I wish our walls were in paintable condition. We need wallpaper to cover the cracks and since it's the old lath and plaster, we won't be getting new walls any time soon. Ella's room will need to be re-done one of these years when she's a little older. Moving those old beds sure is hard on your own. Ella's is the worst because she still has the old iron springs on hers.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love how it turned out.

Gill

Janet said...

The room is lovely !

simplicityinthemaking said...

Pula it is horse hair plaster walls with all the cracks. Took forever to fill them all in. Thw wall is puncking at one corner. I just re-plastered and sanded.

Gina said...

How lovely! Thanks for sharing your special room with us!
Gina

Anonymous said...

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever
a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment.
Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service?
Thank you!

Feel free to visit my web site Buy Insurance