Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Odds and Ends

spare room with first coat of painted trim
I have the house to myself for the next four hours! Oh my!! Where to start?

I have so many projects on the go but the weather having cooled off means I really SHOULD be cooking ahead for the next heat wave that is to head in here my Saturday. Funny I don't feel like cooking!

We had rain pass through here after the supper hour last night. Yes right when four fields are down with hay. This means after lunch today ( somebody) the hay will have to be raked before Dearest bails it tonight. I hate it when it rains and its not in the forecast. The bright side my garden enjoyed the rain and everything including the mosquitoes are enjoying the damp ground this morning.

I moved a few wheel burrows of firewood this morning. It is getting more difficult to stack or finding places for it to dry. The porch is near full for my 5'9" structure  to reach anyway. I am beginning to throw it rather then stacking.That said if the winter is as cold as our summer has been hot, we will need wood. More then last year anyway and we are preparing for this.

The teenager and I did the first coat of trim in the spare bedroom yesterday. Actually we just got 3/4 of the way around the room, as the furniture needs to be shoved to the other side to do the remains. I hope to get the second coat on this part and move to the other side by tomorrow. My quilt and shams that I ordered will be in today. I have picked the wall colour but I want to make sure it goes well with the quilt first. So I shall go into the village today to pick that up. I am excited to see it.

Spiders are everywhere. Taking over every corner of the house. Shop vacuum is in the dining room awaiting to suck them up.

So I best get off the computer and get at it. Oh and what I am cooking tonight is here.


7 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sounds like your are being very productive.

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to have a good plan when you do any kind of decorating :)
m.

Jane and Chris said...

We have lots of spiders too, more than usual.Must be the weather.
Jane x

The Farmers Daughter said...

I checked out the recipe and it sounds so good! I may fix it for tomorrow's supper. . . Sounds like you accomplished an awful lot to me! I can see that there's always something to do at your house, too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the hard work ; )

Anonymous said...

Currently it appears like Expression Engine is the best blogging platform available right now.
(from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Here is my blog post :: purchase car insurance online

Anonymous said...

Very shortly this website will be famous among all blogging users, due to it's pleasant articles

Have a look at my page ... car insurance instant online quote